June 24, 2011

Standing still is losing.

One of the classes I was lucky to take in college that wasn't engineering revolved around sociology. I cannot remember much from the class but one thing I took away and a rather strong belief I've applied to my life: the more you stay the same, the less you change. If you never challenge yourself or try new things, the beliefs and ideas that you feel will grow stronger with each passing day until eventually they become concrete and you refuse to accept new ideas. I challenge you to get out there and experience something new, it may not be China for a year but there's most likely something you've been putting off. Get to it, try it, if it doesn't work oh well, at least you tried.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
- Mark Twain